Every year I seem to write a Thanksgiving blog entry where I cover all the things I'm thankful for in my life.
Since I'm doing 30 Days of Thankfulness on Facebook this year, this seems to be overkill, so I thought this year instead, I'd find the little things I'm thankful for.
1. Dimples. Holy crap am I thankful for those.
2. Summit India Pale Ale. Nectar of the Gods, I say.
3. Country music (and for letting me pretend to be a redneck).
4. Mac and Cheese Lasagna (with bacon in it of course).
5. Ranch Dressing. I mean seriously, there's no better condiment on Earth.
6. My car (when it is working properly). Living without it is basically impossible.
7. My Grinnell College buddies (though they're not technically "little").
8. Cool people who like to laugh, as opposed to mean people who like to complain.
9. Reese's Peanut Butter cups. 'Nuf said.
10. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Just kidding...making sure you're actually reading this).
11. College football...not JUST my Hawkeyes.
12. Coffee (and make it simple, I like my coffee like I like my men - hot, black, rich and bitter - wait, what?)
13. Swimsuits manufactured by Speedo that go all the way down to the knee (allowing me to return to the pool for the first time in 20 some years).
14. Summertime. Give me 90s and humidity any day of the year!
15. Jerry's Pizza. Nothing better on this planet. Nothing!
16. La Juanita's Burritos. (See 15, the only thing better on this planet).
17. The Interwebz, for giving me something to do to waste time that doesn't require TV, so it makes it better, right? Right?
18. Cheeseburgers. The best complementary meal with an India Summit Pale Ale.
19. Grace Potter's legs.
20. Every single person who reads my blog on a regular basis.
Happy Turkey Day, everyone, to you and yours!