I will not let the negative energy drag me down.
I'm focusing on the positives, such as:
- I am 93.6 percent sure that I'm more knowledgeable about head lice than everyone in North America except for whatever guy did all the research papers I read online.
- I've learned that my sons really, really, really, really, really don't want me to move away from them. Given some tough times in the last few years with my youngest, in particular, this brought a tear to my eye.
- I know who my friends are. And they make sure I know they are there.
- I still have my sense of humor. It's my medicine in life. If you can't laugh at the crap in life, you're going to be pulling a Mona Lisa for the vast majority of your life.
- I'm employed. I have a roof over my head, and more importantly Nile's and Grady's heads. I have my car and the repo men aren't anywhere nearby.
- I have two awesome sons. I mean we're talking 101.2 percent awesome. They're far from perfect, but they know I don't expect them to be. I just expect them to learn from their mistakes in life. As I am still doing.
- I am not as schadenfreude as some people. Which is nice. And schadenfreudian.
- I'm pretty sure that I'm going to survive pretty much anything at this point in life. Which makes me a ninja.
- I still haven't been arrested, so I'm doing something right."
- Football season is only 28 days away.